16650 River Road (Hwy 116), Guerneville, CA 95446
• Go direct to website: ferngrove.com
• Number of Accommodations: 20 (Online Availability)
• Reservations: 707-869-8105; 888-243-2674
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Owners: Jennifer Lamarre and Sherman W. Tyler
Ferngrove is located in Guerneville, California - in the Russian River Valley. Described as "cute and individualistic," "very clean and comfortable," and "charming" by Trip Advisor reviewers, the 20 craftsman-style cottages are situated among magnificent gardens full of dahlias, roses, and ferns, bountiful fruit trees, and towering redwoods.
Ferngrove dates back to the 1920s and embodies rustic charm and old-fashioned hospitality. Each cottage has a unique character - some have whirlpool tubs, others have gas stove or wood burning fireplaces, and some are dog-friendly. Please call before booking to discuss these unique options to ensure a picture perfect stay.
These carefully maintained accommodations are within easy walking distance of the village of Guerneville and a number of outstanding restaurants. Ferngrove is the perfect "base camp" to explore the icons of the Russian River region, including Armstrong Redwood State Preserve, the Russian River Valley wine appellation and the Pacific Coast.
An extended continental breakfast is served each morning at this Russian River Wine Country Inn. Our menu varies seasonally to ensure our guests the freshest and most satisfying start to their day. You will enjoy a variety of treats such as homemade granola, hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, sweet breads, preserves, peanut butter, bagels, English muffins, yogurt, juice, tea, and coffee. For lunch and dinner, you can choose from a wide selection of local restaurants, many within walking distance of Ferngrove Cottages.
Nestled among towering redwood trees, the cottages are surrounded by delightful gardens that produce an abundance of flowers and fruit. Each cottage is unique so please call ahead to determine the perfect fit for your stay. Classic wood burning fireplaces are available as well as gas log stoves and double size spa tubs for relaxing and romantic evenings. Several cottages have kitchens and most have wet bars. All cottages have a private bathroom and cable TV. Cottages range from one-room studios, one bedroom & living room and two-bedroom & living room units.
AWARDS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Ferngrove is a proud member of Wine Country Inns, Russian River Inns, GO-Sonoma and the Wine Road of Northern Sonoma County. Ferngrove also belongs to the Russian River Chamber of Commerce, the Russian River Winegrowers Association, and the Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce.
• Ferngrove is conveniently located just three blocks from the village of Guerneville with its quaint shops and wide selection of restaurants. You may also enjoy an easy walk to Johnson's Beach, the nearby swimming beach on the Russian River. And of course our guests are invited to enjoy Ferngrove's heated saline water swimming pool. Within three miles of the cottages are canoe trips on the Russian River, hiking in the impressive Armstrong Woods State Reserve and winery tours. The Sonoma Coast with its picturesque beaches and hiking trails is only fifteen minutes away by car.
• Free amenities offered at Ferngrove Cottages include: High Speed Internet and WiFi; Pool and sun deck; Individual decks or patios; Built-in barbecue and picnic area.
• Pets are welcome by prior arrangement.
• Media Quotes: "The owners take a lot of pride in their establishment, the setting couldn't be more beautiful and Guerneville is a great little town" SFGate. "Continental breakfast is always tasty, and the décor is charmingly relaxing." Beloved B&Bs on the West Coast.--- San Jose Mercury News.