16650 Highway 116, Guerneville, CA 95446
• Go direct to website: ferngrove.com
• Room Rates: $99-289; Number of Accommodations: 21 (Online Availability)
• Reservations: 707-869-8105; 888-243-2674
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Innkeepers: Mike and Margaret Kennett
The Fern Grove Cottages in the Russian River town of Guerneville are woodsy cottages that TripAdvisor reviewers have called “cute and individualistic,” very comfortable” but most often the word “charming” is also included. All those words really do describe this carefully maintained accommodation within walking distance of downtown Guerneville. All of our cottages are individually themed with tasteful décor selections like the Pink Flamingo cottage or the Cowboy cottage. They are reminiscent of a well-loved but not well-worn family vacation cottages. The resort’s 20 craftsman-style cottages and the lodge are situated on approximately 8 acres of gardens and redwoods. With a long and historic history of a more rural time, Fern Grove’s gardens today continue to be filled with many varieties of ferns, fabulous roses, flowering shrubs and bountiful fruit trees.
How could there not be more than a tad of individualism to them, when you combine a dog-friendly wine-knowledgeable gracious couple from England as owner/innkeepers, a property history dating back to the 1930s and a dedication to guest comfort with a variety of contemporary amenities such as wireless Internet, whirlpool tubs, wet bars and fireplaces?
Fern Grove is the perfect “base camp” to explore the icons of the Russian River region, including Armstrong Redwood State Preserve, the Russian River Valley wine appellation and the Pacific Coast. Combining the style of a woodsy cabin retreat with the charm of country cottages, Fern Grove is as inviting and handsome as the terrain that surrounds it.
An extended continental breakfast is served each morning. Our menu varies seasonally to ensure our guests the freshest and most satisfying start to their day. You will enjoy a variety of treats like homemade scones and granola, fruits and melons, pastries, a variety of breads, preserves, yogurt, juice and coffee. For lunch and dinner, you can choose from a wide selection of local restaurants.
Nestled among towering redwood trees, the cottages are surrounded by delightful gardens that produce an abundance of flowers and fruit. Each cottage is unique with its individual theme. Classic wood burning fireplaces are available as well as gas log stoves and double size spa tubs for relaxing and romantic evenings. Several cottages have kitchens and many have wet bars. All cottages have a private bath and cable TV. Cottages range from one-room studios, one bedroom & living room and two-bedroom & living room units.
AWARDS AND ASSOCIATIONS
California Association of Bed and Breakfast Inns, Russian River Winegrowers Association, Russian River Wine Road, Russian River Inns
• Fern Grove is located just three blocks from the village of Guerneville with its quaint shops and selection of restaurants. You may also enjoy an easy walk to the nearby swimming beach on the Russian River. And of course our guests are invited to enjoy Fern Grove's heated saline water swimming pool. Within three miles of the cottages are canoe trips on the Russian River, hiking in the impressive Armstrong Woods State Reserve and winery tours.
• Added benefits of staying at Fern Grove Cottages: Free High Speed Internet and WiFi; Pool and sun deck; Individual decks or patios; Built-in barbecue and picnic area; Pets are welcome by prior arrangement.
• Media Quotes: "Chat to gracious English hosts Margaret and Mike Kennett over homemade scones. They certainly know their wines." Decanter Magazine. "Continental breakfast is always tasty, and the décor is charmingly relaxing." Beloved B&Bs on the West Coast.--- San Jose Mercury News.